From the Mid Ulster Mail dated 1st April 1944: 25 Years Ago (1919)
The subscribers to Coagh Memorial Hall met to appoint trustees, and the following were appointed:- Dr Burgess J.P., Messrs Hugh Duff J.P.; J J Spiers J.P.; Rowley Elliott J.P.; H E Thompson J.P.; Thompson Ferguson RDC, Hugh Flack, Wallace Charlton, J B Henderson, W J Gray, William Blackstock, J B MacKeown, with Mr W Ferguson, secretary. The treasurer, Dr Burgess, reported that the subscriptions to hand were almost £500.
From the Mid Ulster Mail dated Saturday 28th April 1945: 25 Years Ago (From 8th May 1920)
Mr J W Leebody, county surveyor, reported to Tyrone County Council that a Memorial Hall was being built in Coagh, the front of which would be 24 and a half feet from the centre of the road, but would not interfere with the road. The council gave its approval.
From the Mid Ulster Mail dated Saturday 30th June 1945: 25 Years Ago (From 1920)
The foundation stone of Coagh Memorial Hall was laid by Mr Robert J McKeown of Belfast, a generous subscriber to the building fund. Lieutenant Colonel W A Lenox-Conyngham, who volunteered for service and was home only once in six years, was chairman, and the speakers included Rev D H Hanson, M.A., Rev J Entrican, B.A., Rev F H Finch, Dr Burgess, J.P., Mr H E Thompson, J.P., Rev J B Cooper, and Rev W T McClelland spoke to the votes of thanks.
The foundation stone for Coagh Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall was laid down on 1st July 1920 by Mr R J McKeown M.P. The building was contracted to Mr J B McKeown.. Coagh Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall was opened on 16th July 1921 by Lady Craig (wife of Northern Ireland Prime Minister, sir James Craig).
The tablet to the fallen was unveiled by Mrs Lenox-Conyngham and the names were read out by Captain R C Elliot (Chaplain of Forces). The tablet to those who served was unveiled by Mrs R J McKeown and a dedicatory prayer was read out by Lieutenant colonel D H Hanson C.F. The prayers were laid by Reverend John Entrician BA and benediction pronounced by Reverend W T McClelland. The hall also included a stained glass window to the fallen.
The two plaques inside the hall hold the names of (i) those who died in the Great War and (ii) those who served. They cover the areas of Coagh, Tamlaght, Ardboe and Ardtrea.
30 names are included among the fallen. This however is not a complete list of names.
From the Mid Ulster Mail dated 12th August 1944: Coagh
The Memorial Hall, Coagh, which is commonly used as a Courthouse, is at present undergoing repairs, and on Tuesday the court was held in a classroom of the new school. Crowded around one table were the C.P.S., police, solicitors and pressmen, which gave them very meagre room. This was bad enough, but the pupils (in this case the defendants), were worse. The master (in other words the sergeant), kept them quiet from time to time, and unlike the usual scholars, they had to pay for their education, some of them on the spot, while others on application were given an extension of time. The court lasted almost six hours.
In recent years the Hall fell into disrepair and the stained-glass window and Memorial plaques have been removed for safe keeping.
Coagh War Memorial Plaque now resides in St Luke’s Church of Ireland, Coagh. This is located at the junction of Bridgend Road and Ruskey Road about 1 kilometre north of the centre of Coagh.
The hall at 33 Urban Road, Coagh, County Tyrone was demolished around 2007-08.